About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

27 July 2012

Road Trip!: Stellenbosch

Here's another post I kept meaning to ... post!

Just one of the many, many things we love about Cape Town is its proximity to so many amazing sites, parks, and other lovely cities ... like the town of Stellenbosch.

It's only a 45 minute drive from the Mother City and Aaron and I kept meaning, kept meaning and kept meaning to go.  So one random Sunday, we just took off.  And if ever you wanted to see a picturesque place, this is it.  


It's situated in the hills of the Western Cape's prime wine region and its old quarter is filled with Cape Dutch architecture, little shops, and tons and tons of restaurants:





It's also a university town, so it's kind of a happening place:


We spent the afternoon just strolling around, soaking it up:








We wanted to have lunch here:


Look at their amazing pizza oven!  WANT:


But they were closed, so we ended up here:


Aaron had the eisbein, a salted pork knuckle you see here all the time:


And I had some yummy chicken kebabs:


Just, you know, a quiet Sunday afternoon.  Stellenbosch.  Me & my dude.

Sigh.  I'm really, really, really going to miss South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment