About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

21 June 2012

Cape Town: The Weird & Wild at the Iziko Museum

I forgot to mention, in my last post, that Aaron's work has all taken place at the Iziko South African Museum.

The museum's focus in on natural history and it is home to many an impressive, majestic display.

So why is it then, that when I go searching through all my folders for pictures from it, all I find are these:


The weird ... and the weirder:








Literally, these are all the pictures I have.  Weird stuffed animals, horns, eye bones and the above, 1970s flesh-ripping diorama. 

I was gonna go take more pictures -- of the stunning rock art, the huge, life-size whale replicas, etc. but you know, I thought, why class up this joint?  I guess this is what struck me most ... and I guess it's no surprise that it appears that -- for me -- the weirder, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment