About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

27 October 2011

Roadtrip! – On the Way Home …

Hiya folks!

Aaron and I are off to camp in the Kalahari!  Can’t tell you how excited we are.  This is a “once in a lifetime” kind of a trip for us and the preparations have been intense!  We’ve got checklists for our checklists!  We’ll be gone for a week and a half so I won’t be posting for a while …

Thought I’d leave you with some of my favorite pictures from our drive back from De Hoop.  As I mentioned previously, we stopped off at Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa!  Stunning, impressive, powerful – there just aren’t words.

Then we climbed up the lighthouse – what is it about lighthouses that are so damn romantic?  We also found our beloved Minnesota’s Split Rock Lighthouse in the Agulhas Lighthouse’s lighthouses-from-around-the-world display!  At Agulhas we also saved a turtle from imminent squashing on the road, collected some beach glass and stuffed ourselves with calamari. 

Afterwards we took the slow way home, stopping at a couple of completely abandoned and completely exquisite beaches.  May the hotel developers never discover these places …

Enjoy the pics, take care, and we’ll be back soon with what I can only assume will be a borderline unhealthy number of pictures!  Smooches!


 









 









 


 























No comments:

Post a Comment