About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

26 September 2011

Bottom of the World to Ya!

You know, like the Irish, “top of the morning to ya!”?  Except that, well, on our way back from our recent trip to the De Hoop Nature Reserve we stopped off at Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa:




I can now proudly put a pin on the map at the very tip of Africa – cool, no?


It’s going to take me a while to go through the over 500 pictures -- yes 500 -- we took on the way to, at, and on our way back from De Hoop, so in the meantime I’m gonna write some shorter posts and hope to get the De Hoop posts up in a week ... or two …

In the meantime:


Happy Monday to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment