About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

05 March 2012

The Lost Posts: Table Mountain

I cannot believe I had not posted this earlier -- we went to Table Mountain in July!!!

The shame of it!  Especially since Table Mountain is such an iconic presence here in Cape Town.  It is an enormous, flat-topped mountain that you can either hike up or go up by cable car.

The mountain was recently actually voted one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.  And it truly is wondrous.  It has an unbelievably rich biodiversity with an estimated 2,200 species of plants -- more than exist in the whole of the United Kingdom! 

Looking down from Table Mountain onto the Cape Town and its surroundings is one of those thrilling things that you have to experience -- so we'll probably go back up Table Mountain with Aaron's mom, dad and sister.  So I'll probably have more pictures of it later (and hopefully it will be less hazy!) ... so for now, enjoy these favorite shots of mine.






























No comments:

Post a Comment