About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

02 March 2012

The Lost Posts: Snap Purchases

This is from when we went took our road trip to Knysna.

*******

I am not a big one for buying lots of souvenirs, or stuff in general.  I like the concept of living with less.  

BUT.  If there is one thing that tempts me it's handmade items: crafts, textiles, jams, clothes, jewelry, sculptures, folk art, candles, cards, soaps, pillows, baby hats, sock monkeys, folk art, toy cars made of Pepsi cans, sea-glass chandeliers ...

And there is a store near Plettenberg Bay (near Knysna) that shook my resolve to it's very core.  It's called The Heath Store and it stocks all of the items listed above and more.  It's F*CKING FABULOUS.  I could live in there.

I've called this post "Snap Purchases" because instead of buying everything I wanted, I just snapped a picture of it.  But believe me, if budget and international shipping fees were not impeding me, I would have bought every single thing I took a picture of.  Le sigh.  I guess this kind of restraint is what being an adult is all about ...

In any case, enjoy.  It's a party for your eyes -- like every Pinterest and Etsy lover's greatest dream come true ...





 














































No comments:

Post a Comment