About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

29 March 2012

Road Trip!: Kruger 1

So ... KRUGER!  Finally!  It has been very hard to edit these pictures down, let me tell you. 

I want to write a bit more about our overall impressions of Kruger and our experiences there, but I think I'll do that later.  It's just too much to get into with all these pictures.  So I'm gonna put up 3 picture-heavy posts and then do a more thorough wrap-up next week.  So for now, sufficed to say that Kruger is one of the largest and finest game reserves in all of Africa. 

The pictures in this post were all taken by my father-in-law.  Dad is a very cool man.  He's wonderfully kind and has a cheeky sense of humor and is quite the photography buff.  He's got a great eye ... plus a 500mm lens on his Nikon!  (I had a lot of lens-envy happening) so he got some really amazing shots.  Enjoy!!!

Oh, and I'm not gonna identify all the animals (just too many) but if anyone is interested (particularly with the birds), please let me know.  









































































2 comments:

  1. Awesome shots!!!!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they though? As I said, my father-in-law has a great eye! thanks!

    ReplyDelete