About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

12 August 2011

Sculpture Garden

Cape Town surprises you all the time.

Aaron and I were just strolling along the other day when we ran into a fabulous little sculpture garden:


The City of Cape Town commissioned six Cape Town artists to interpret the theme of “A trophy for Cape Town as the best city in the world”.

I think my favorite is this:

 








I love the use of recycled materials and turning what we call junk into beauty.

Here's more info about the project and all the sculptures.

Just another lovely, tiny little corner of this culturally rich city ... Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment