About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

29 August 2011

Weekend Recap

First though, sorry for the dearth of postings last week.  One of my email accounts was hacked and it cost me much time and aggravation to reset all my passwords, make sure all my accounts were OK, etc.

What makes me really upset is that people were genuinely worried about us (supposedly we were robbed and stranded in Scotland!)  If there is any justice in the karmic sense, I think all hackers should suffer acute pain in their nether regions -- one good tweak for each bogus email sent ... am I wrong?

Anyhoo ... so, as annoying and worrying as the end of the week was, the weekend was AWESOME.  On Friday and Saturday we went to Darling (yes, there is a town here called Darling!) ... it was so excellent that it merits its own post, which I'll do soon.

And then yesterday, we went to Gill and Russell's (they of my first Potjiekos!) to celebrate Norman's birthday:


Look at that cake!:


No, really, take a good look:

 

Isn't that so cool?  Because remember that Norman IS the real, live Spiderman!

And underneath those little jellies, there was a really scrumptious orange-syrup cake. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get picks of the food this time!  Probably because I was too busy stuffing my face ...  But there were some delicious sausages, pork fillet and ribs done on the braai as well as roasted potatoes and 3 different kinds of salads.  I know, I know, how did I not get pictures?!  I did get pictures of the cats this time though ...

Here's Pepper:


And Ginger ...


They're both so sweet!

And then, here's this fella again:


I got better shots of him this time because we were inside the kitchen when he came up, displaying his feathers and demanding treats!  Apparently he just wandered on to their property one day and never left.  Gorgeous isn't he?  And doesn't he know it!


And look!!!!!:


Gill lent me another huge stack of books!!!  YEY!!!!  I only wish I had my books with me so I could loan her my favorites ...

We also talked to Gill and Russel about traveling to South Africa's various National Parks, which they've been to quite a lot.  We're thinking of taking a trip for my birthday, and they gave us some great advice ...

So all in all, a LOVELY way to end the week ... Hope the start of yours is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment