About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

01 May 2011

The Runaways

Look at these sassy buggers!  Abandoning me like that ...


But, hey, they're here!

They went missing for 2 days and I'm sure had some excellent adventures, but thankfully, they decided to answer my desperate pleas.  In the meantime, I want them to know that life went on because I listened to my momma (she of much international travel experience) and packed a few extra changes of clothes in my carry-ons, so it's not like I was missing them THAT much.

I was mostly worried that some of my items would mysteriously disappear (as has happened to Aaron when he's traveled to South Africa and had lost bags) -- but I can happily report that all arrived safe and sound!

I feel like I should name them -- like Doña Quijota and Sancha Panza.  Or Bonnie and Clydette.  Perhaps it'll be Miss Cheeky and the Banjo.  Any suggestions?

PS - Happy May Day!  I'm sad I'm missing Minneapolis's awesome May Day Parade!  I'll miss the dudes with fairy wings riding three-story high bikes and the mangos on a stick!

3 comments:

  1. Don't miss it too much. It's a cool 34 (nl is 60+), winds gusting to 40+, also cloudy. Doesn't feel like May Day. Linne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Vivian just showed up with long underwear, scarfs, leg warmers, fur hat, and winter boots, so I don't think you are missing much. Naomi and I made banana bread for the first time ever and everyone liked it. We will make you some when you come back.
    Nathaniel went looking for snails and other critters on a nature walk yesterday with his principal. It was raining, windy and about 40 degrees. He came back all wet and cold but cannot wait to get back out there and continue exploring. Please tell Aaron he is signed up for fossil exploration camp this summer. He cannot wait. We are also going to DC so you know he is already mapping out his Smithsonian visit.
    Take care and we will let you know when things warm up here.
    Love,
    Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really aren't missing anything. It's snowing!!!

    ReplyDelete