About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

13 May 2011

“There was a star danced, and under that was I born.”

Today I remember my sister Grazia, or as I called her, Chacha. 


We interred her ashes one year ago today in a beautiful spot in Minnesota.


There are no words, no poems, no songs that can describe how much I love her, how much I miss her, how much I think of her.


She was -- is -- a dazzling, beautiful, bright, laughing star (purple-colored, of course.)  


Chacha, I took these at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens because I knew you would love them.  It is beautiful here and I wish you could see it with me.

3 comments:

  1. Precioso Lore...se le recuerda con mucho Amor...akellas memorias de mi nines jugando a la casita...apenas Tu eras una bebita..DEP..mi kerida Grazia Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I forgot to mention that the title of this post comes by way of Shakespeare ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed by how wise and serene your sister looks, even as a child. Guess that's what they mean by an old soul, huh?

    ReplyDelete