About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

22 May 2012

Kgalagadi: All Girls Safari, Best of, Part I

So there we are, on our way to see "The Hunger Games" (again):

ME:  So, what's up with you guys?  Anything interesting?  
GILL & BRON:  Oh, we were thinking you might want to come for the weekend ...
Me:  Cool ...
G&B:  To the Kgalagadi!

Cue insane squealing.

So yeah, a few weeks ago, just us three girls snuck off to the Kgalagadi for a long weekend.  Five days and five nights in the park!  It was an amazing trip, we were so incredibly lucky with our sightings.  I'm gonna break it up into several posts.  This first one is a wrap up of my favorite shots from the first few days.  Highlights include mating lions, gemsbok, ostrich and steenbok in the red dunes, a gorgeous wildebeest stomping, a secretary bird up a tree, patrolling meerkats and four cheetahs on the prowl.  Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment