About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

17 May 2012

Road Trip!: Cape of Good Hope & Adios!

There could be no more perfect way to end our amazing trip with my in-laws than by taking them to The Cape of Good Hope.  It is a stunning spot, windswept and striking.  It makes you think of early maritime adventurers and loaded spice ships making the turn back to Europe.  It's quite the last-impression to take back home with them.

All in all, it was one heck of a trip.  We had a truly wonderful time, and mind you that's with 2 of those weeks spent stuck together in a car!  I realize I am a very lucky girl; you hear those horror stories of crazy in-laws and I just count my lucky stars.  The Armstrongs are a beautiful family -- kind, adventurous, generous and sweet -- it's no surprise really.  That's how Aaron is and he had to come from somewhere right? 

I leave you now with the final images of our time together.  Thanks to Mom, Dad and Sarah for making it a trip of a lifetime!  We love you!































No comments:

Post a Comment