About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

07 May 2012

Road Trip!: Knysna: Heads, Hikes & Hammocks

So  by the time we got to Knysna, I was banjaxed.  Seriously.  Too little sleep, weird food, too long sitting in one position, staring out the window looking for game ... SIGH.  My stomach was acting up and my neck ... oh my neck!  It was SO painful.  Couldn't turn it from side to side without being in serious pain.  So I spent most of our 2 days in Knysna in the hammock at our fabulous (FABULOUS!) accommodations, The Forest's Edge.  If you're ever going to Knysna, we highly recommend it; it's eco-friendly, right next to the forest, cozy, beautiful cabins and the proprietor was so lovely.  Our favorite accommodations (outside of Kruger.)

So yeah, while I laid around like I was 97 (and even got a massage to try and get my neck to function like a human being's again) the Armstrongs went on a hike and saw a bit of the town.  Since I had seen it before, I felt OK staying behind ... but I did join everyone at The Heads.  And just like last time we were there, it was super cloudy -- bummer, but it was still stunning.  Afterwards we went to a restaurant that had the coolest decor ever ... in fact, I'm gonna save it for another post, because it's just so lovely ... like, I-want-my-next-house-to-be-just-like-this kind of lovely!
























No comments:

Post a Comment