About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

29 May 2012

Kgalagadi: Sunsets

It is a magical place, this Kgalagadi.  And as such, you'd expect nothing but the most spectacular sunsets on earth.  All gold and fairy dust and Turner-painting light. 



I can't decide which of the following is my favorite -- they are each subtly different -- and all look like the angels are about to burst out singing Hallelujah.  (Or, even better, "R-E-S-P-E-C-T," Aretha-style.)  I even like the one taken while the car was moving and all swooshed.  Looks like a painting I wish I had the skills to paint:








Taken at almost the same time as the ones above, just on the other side of the horizon:




Talk about Turner:



And these were taken at the farm where we stayed on our back from the Kgalagadi.  Some of my favorite pics I've ever taken:





No comments:

Post a Comment