About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

08 February 2012

Natural Beauty: Shiny, Happy Hair Mask

Ok, so continuing on the natural beauty theme, I present you with my favorite hair treatment.

This leaves your hair unbelievably shiny and soft!

Here's what you'll need:



Yup, that's it.  One egg and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.  Please note that if you have oily hair, OMIT the egg yolk.  So just do 1 egg white and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.  But I have dry hair, so I use the whole egg.

Mix the 2 and apply.  I find the easiest way to do this is in the shower.  I wet my hair and comb the mixture in.  I leave it on during the length of the shower and then wash it off.

Now, I can just hear you freaking out.  Eeeewwww, I don't want my hair to smell like eggs and vinegar!  Worry not my lambs!  I have a great solution.  Take a big handful of parsley and boil it a cup (or so) of water for a few minutes.  Let it cool and add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. 

Rinse off the egg and vinegar mask off very well, then rinse your hair with the parsley and vinegar water. 

And voila!  I pinky-swear-promise that your hair won't smell like eggs and vinegar! 

Seriously, I love it.  This treatment leaves my hair shiny, soft and helps tame the frizz!  So go dump an egg on your head and see how fabulous you look!

No comments:

Post a Comment