About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

23 June 2011

First Day in Mossel Bay

I finally made it to the archeological site in Mossel Bay!

Can't tell you how excited I am.  Finally, after years and years of being left behind while Aaron goes off on his archeological adventures, here I am!  The NOVA nerd in me is so excited!

My first day was spent recuperating from my long bus ride and little sleep ... so I just walked up and down the beach (which is a one minute walk from the house where the archeological team is staying) for a couple of hours. 

As I mentioned when we went to the Cape of Good Hope, I have a deep affinity for the ocean, for water.  In fact one of my favorite poems I've ever written is called "The Ocean" and my first play was called "Nina and the Devouring Ocean." One day I'll have to figure out how to put audio on this blog so you can hear me perform the poem.  So I had quite a magical afternoon ... I had the huge beach entirely to myself.  It was a beachcomber's dream ... and so hypnotic, the steel grey waves coming at me ... just amazing.

Tomorrow will be my first day on the site, so wish me luck!



 

 





2 comments:

  1. Have fun and good luck! Thanks for sharing the photo's. They are breathtaking, as are you! Love Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lorena, beautiful pics! I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete