About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

27 June 2011

The Stairs of Cirith Ungol

Hiya folks!

Lots more to come on the archeological site, but first, I had to introduce you to these ...


All you Tolkien fans will understand what I mean when I say that I think of them as the "Stairs of Cirith Ungol."

These are the mother-effers that we have to climb up and down each day (with backpacks) to get to the site.  After this there's another 15-minute hike over very slippery rocks, up rocky paths ... have mercy!  I am a serious klutz, and will often trip on flat surfaces.  So each moment as I get to the site I'm chanting in my head, "sí se puede, sí se puede, sí se puede ..."

But treacherous though the walk may be, the views  are pretty stunning:



 





No comments:

Post a Comment