About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my online travel-food-life journal/virtual scrapbook. I am a poet, playwright, journalist, editor and basic jack-of-all-trades writer. I was born in El Salvador and raised in Minnesota. I have just returned home from a year and a half in South Africa.

07 June 2011

Little Bits of Home

Continuing on yesterday's theme here are a few things I brought from Minnesota to make this place feel like home.  All these things are tiny, fit in the crevices of my 2 suitcases, & make this really OURS.  Because yes, we are the kind of people who appreciate things like ...

A teeny plastic pirate, of course!

A little dish my mother-in-law got for me in Provence where I keep jewelry, spare change, etc.

 
This devilish rubber ducky watches us sternly as we work at the desk ...

A couple of my favorite fridge magnets, that caricature one was made by yours truly, plus one of my favorite pictures from our wedding and a watercolor rendition of our three cats at home (it started as a joke, but then I kinda loved it), again, made by yours truly.

A Bon Voyage card from my cousin and his little art students.

And of course, Lord and Master of it all as he guards our home from on-high (a.k.a the top of the TV), Mr. Red Plastic Buddha. 

Namaste y'all!  And as they say, be it ever so humble, or cheesy, or plastic-pirate-filled, there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment